Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Damsel in a Dress

So, I've given into the temptation. I've started the narcissistic habit of starting my own blog? I wanted a new hobby where I could keep up with my writing, share stories with friends, and have a creative outlet.

First, I had a few hurdles to jump over. What the hell would I write about? I don't have kids (except Milly), I don't have an exciting hobby (except sleeping in on weekends), and I don't have a particular skill that I feel like I should share with the masses. I decided to just relinquish myself to the fact that I'm just going to write about WHATEVER I feel like and not worry about it. Isn't that type of self-indulgent attitude that a blog encourages anyways?

Next, uhhh what do I name it? I'm really bad at thinking up creative, cool, catchy names like so many of my blogging friends have seemed to. I turned to wordlab.com and just searched through words and phrases until I came up with Damsel in a Dress. I thought it was fun because we all know I'm a label whore and I liked the image it conjured up.

So, now, I guess all that's left is to get to the blogging! More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment