Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation!

Last Saturday was a day that I didn't think would actually come: Mike graduated from law school!
It's debatable whether he or I was more excited.


Mike getting his Pro Bono Award! They don't tell people before graduation if they are going to get awards, so it was a big surprise.  It wasn't a surprise to anyone who knows Mike though, because he's put in over 500 hours in the past year to the Community Tax Law Project in Richmond, where he helps low-income taxpayers deal with the IRS (I think...it kind of confuses me...taxes...yuck)

Getting his "diploma"-the real one has yet to surface

I got to hold the "diploma" 

Mariani's

Renaldo's

Action shot of Milly helping with the wrapping paper

Chompin down.  Don't worry, we took it away before she ate the whole thing.

Yayyyy Mr. Mike graduated AND got me a new play toy.  Hopefully I can get it in my mouth and trot off with it.

Going at it.  Intentionally got the briefcase Mike's dad handed down to him in the background.
The diploma was literally a blank piece of paper. Not even a generic fake diploma on it or anything. Juuusttt blank. 


Unfortunately, the only pictures I took of the rest of the day's festivities were these of Milly.  I was mad at myself later so not thinking to keep taking pictures.  We all hung out at Mike's apartment until dinner at Hard Shell, where we were joined by Mike's "Richmond family" the Congdon's.  As always, a good time was had by all.  

Next up....the Bar.  About 70 days to go.  Not really studying for another week though.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment