Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mill-Bill's First Grooming

So perhaps I'm a bad pup parent, but at 14 months, Milly has finally gotten her first grooming. Until recently, I didn't really feel like she was getting her long hair in at full force yet, but as of late her shedding had gotten so bad that if she was in your lap for 5 minutes you'd literally have a pile of hair in your lap.
It was bad-real bad.

For this reason, I was on a mission to not only get her groomed but see if I could get a treatment that would prevent her from shedding. Enter: The Furminator Treatment.

It included a de-shedding bath that is supposed to remove the dead undercoat, and up to 30 minutes using the "Furminator Brush" on her. I can pretty much guarantee they used all 30 minutes.  I actually have a similar one at home that I got from Target, but since it's the official "Furminator" being used by a professional, I figured that it's WAY more effective.

Unfortunately, on the day I was taking her it was pouring rain all day. Here's Milly in the car, wet as a dog as they say, on her way to her grooming. Her "before" pic if you will.
If she had opposable thumbs and could get on this blog, she'd demand that I take that pic of her down, but she can't and I think it's pretty funny. Take that Milly!

Here's some of her after testing out her new bed that we got for her and her new nautical toy that was her present for getting her hair cut.
I never got her a bed because she was so used to getting in bed/on the furniture, but she has taken to it pretty well. She has already learned what "get in your bed means"!

No comments:

Post a Comment