Saturday, April 10, 2010

Always Coca-Cola?

First and foremost, I'd just like to announce that Mike and I have Coke free for one week and one day now.
It's been a hard road riddled with temptations, but we have thus far persevered, one day at a time.

I don't know what Mike's journey has been like, but I can tell you what my toughest battle was. It was Tuesday night and I was in class. After enduring 1.5 hours of this crazy professor's nonsense (like that we are definitely going to be starting up a "gender neutral" draft in the next 2 years...okkkk cause America would probably actually revolt if that happened), I could really have used a bubbly, sweet, syrupy beverage as a pick me up. I could almost taste and smell it (because you know how it has that smell and tickles your nose when you open one).

The week prior, a guy across the row from me got a free Coke bottle from the machine and when he offered up this second free one I immediately took action. This week the SAME thing happened to him. He, of course being nice, immediately looked at me when asking who wanted it and I had to bravely tell him that I had quit as of last Friday. I waivered for a few agonizing seconds before I gave my final answer of an affirmative no. I kid you not, I then spent the next 30 minutes glancing over at the unopened Coke bottle every few moments until my craving subsided.  It was intense.  When I told Mike about my experience, he didn't seem that impressed with my achievement. I blame it on his own withdrawal though.
This is who I wanted to be on Thursday (implications of flirting with 35 yr old quasi-ginger man who was offering his drink aside). Unfortunately, I'd have to wear shorts like that to the beach this summer if I continue to say "Yes" to their product. Damn you Coca-Cola for making such a delicious and refreshing product. 

The daily battle continues...updates to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment