Thursday, April 1, 2010

Poop Patrol

Last Saturday was the "Monument Ave 10k". It's a huge run in Richmond on historic Monument Ave., and this year around 37,000 people participated. As previously mentioned, I am not a runner of two blocks (much less 6+ miles!) but Milly and I woke and walked the two blocks down to Monument to do some people watching.
Milly insisted that I held her the whole time because she was afraid of all the people.
After about 30 minutes the novelty wore off and my arms were really tired. I put Milly down and we began our walk home.
Well. Apparently Milly urgently decided she need to do some poops. Unfotunately, she decided to do so smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk in front of a cop in his car blocking off said street.  No problem. This happens all the time for us city goers. I just reached for my poop bag holder that was on my wrist to grab a bag. Oh, it's empty. Righhtttt.
I stood there for a few seconds and feverishly looked around for a big leaf or stick that I could move it with. Nada.
With the cop seemingly staring me down, and the known threat of a $250 fine for not picking up poop, there was only one thing I could do.
I took the lid off my $10 poop bag holder and scooped said poop into the holder, holding it in with the lid. I then proceeded to walk 1.5 blocks, trying to avoid eye contact with the cop and all other people that may be watching me clearly carrying an overflowing poop holder, to the nearest trash can.
For a moment, I considered trying to dump it out to try to preserve the holder, then pictured how I would try to clean it out and decided to chuck the whole thing.
Yesterday, I finally got around to picking up a new poop bag holder and all is right again in the world.
Here is said poop bag holder so you can really get a full mental pictures of this scenario and what I was working with here. Naturally, ours is pink.

1 comment:

  1. sooooooooo i laughed outloud when i read this earlier today. And then... Maizey and I had a pooptastrophe of our own today. she pooped in the yard before our walk, and then chose to poop in the middle of the street in front of a guy sitting on his screened porch. I didn't risk a $250 fine, just neighborhood scorn. Sadly i didn't have bags or an empty bag container. So I used leaves and gingerly moved it to a ditch/someones front yard for lack of a better option. It was awful.

    ReplyDelete