Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Hippity Hoppity

Mike and I didn't have any real plans for Easter. He had study for a few hours, and because we are so zealously religious, we like to make sure we make it our day of rest (sleep), per God's instruction.

We didn't make it to church, which I felt pretty guilty about, but we did studiously watch "The Real Face of Jesus?" on the History Channel. It explains the history, the theories, and the most updated technology on the Shroud of Tourin. It was really quite interesting and I feel like I at least focused on Jesus for two hours and listened more intently than I ever would have in church.

In the afternoon, we went to the "Parade on Monument". It's not really a parade at all in the traditional sense, but it has a long history, and I read that people used to get really dressed up in dresses and elaborate hats and "paraded themselves" down the street. It sounds really weird, but now it's just good people/dog watching. I heard that about 40,000 people came out, which was the biggest one to date. There were vendors in the center mall of the street and they had a doggy bonnet contest (they had adult and kid contents too, but who cares about those).  I tried to take pictures, but we were far away. The dog that won had just been adopted from the SPCA the day before! (He is on the far left in this pic-clearly it was his story that won it for him)





Milly pretty much jumped up on us the whole time insisting that she be held.  She is still not quite calm enough to be around so many people.  Here's a picture of us:

I tried to take more pictures, including one of Mike and Milly, proving that he does indeed exist, but I had turned my camera setting to video without realizing. Classic dum-dum mistake.
We finished up the day with a trip to Village Cafe for dinner, as we always try to do on Sundays. It was one of the most beautiful Easters I can remember and it ended up being a great, relaxing day.

1 comment:

  1. but you missed all the precious Easter fashions at church!!! :) I love that you guys are "keeping the sabbath holy!"

    ReplyDelete