Monday, April 19, 2010

True Confessions

So I thought it was about time for an update on my life goals:
Walking Milly more-decent progress
Running with Milly-epic fail. I did it once.
Sculpting arms--totally not working-they are still fat
Eating healthier-kind of working-stopped buying a lot of the unhealthy stuff to avoid temptation
Most significantly, I haven't had break 'n bake cookies in over a month and I haven't had McDonald's in 3-4 weeks.  These were my main secret, compulsive fat kid moves.

I do have one true confession that I want to admit here to my 3 loyal readers:
Last night, at approximately 10:15pm, Mike and I each got a Coke with our dinner (yes, at 10pm its not a normal thing but some of us may or may not have slept the entire day) at Jimmy John's. It was for a very valid reason, however, it doesn't make it right. Mike was really sick with a cold/sinus deal yesterday, and much like a sick little baby, I granted him the special treat of getting a Coke, and of course this gave me a pass too. We thought the Coke may have some magical powers, it being so delicious and all, in making him feel better. It's kind of up for debate because though it didn't work instantaneously, he did wake up this morning with a noted improvement in health. I think significantly more testing needs to be done in this area and I volunteer to help.

In summary, overall score is somewhere between a regular and an epic fail.

I'm blaming everything on the end of the school year and working full time until further notice.  I will spend that time thinking of my next excuse when I should be studying for said exams.

4 comments:

  1. Natalie, if it makes you feel any better, I always have a Coke when I am sick...some how the bubbles make my sore throat feel better. And since I have horrendous allergies, I tend to get a sore throat a lot...sodas are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND to add to continue in Cheryl's theme... I decided many years ago that calories don't count at the end of the semester, so I think you are good. AND if you legit have cut out break and bakes you are way ahead of the curve. Those are my favorite exam time snack food. But I usually skip the bake step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I say celebrate the positive . . . great job walking millie. Ralph and I started officially dieting again today, then I went out to check the mail, and our friends in LA made and sent cookies to thank them for sending the baby sling . . . so, naturally I've had like 10 chocolate chip cookies, but I did jog with the kids to the woodland hills playground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for being enablers to my addictions with your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete