Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ways to know Spring is Offcially Here...

....the flowers are in bloom
....your car is yellow with pollon
....you can finally break out your shorts
....front porch chillin resume
....you go to your first wedding of the "season"

Yesterday was a double header for Mike and I. First we went to the wedding of Josh & Carolyn, Mike's friends from college. Then we went to "Law School Prom", the formal they have every year.
The wedding was a great time and really pretty. Mike was an usher (aka "ushing"), so I spent a lot of the time third-wheeling with our good compadres Whit and Molly.


  Despite my many efforts, we never managed to get a good picture of the two of us.  I guess that means we were too busy having a good time.....and every time I suggested a pic Mike said "ok we'll do that later".
Here's "later" with a sweaty Mike from bustin a move and Natalie 8+ hours deep in her make-up (aka its nonexistent).

They took a "frat shot" of all the Pike's-the fraternity Mike was in at UR.

We cabbed it down to the Omni downtown (what whatttt) and joined in on law school formal.  Imagine a room full of generally uptight, stressed out, slightly crazed people who never get to drink deciding they are going get as drunk as possible and relive their glory days prom style. It was AWESOME people watching AND a really good time.
And yes, in case you were wondering we weathered TWO open bars in one night, and we are alive today to tell about it.
Also, in case you were wondering, I am blogging on a Sunday afternoon so that I can put off doing my exam reviews. I can't quite handle that yet...maybe I can think of 4 or 5 more posts to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment